Announcements for Sunday, January 27, 2019
On Thursday, January 31 at 6:30 p.m., a live streamed event for the launch of the new edition of the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons will be presented on the SRF website by Brother Chidananda, our beloved president and spiritual head. He will share details about many of the exciting features to be introduced for the first time, and the steps you will need to take to enroll. We will host a group viewing of the live streamed event at our Center beginning at 6:30 p.m., prior to our Thursday Inspirational Service, and all are warmly invited to attend. If you are not able to join for the livestream, the video will be available soon afterwards on the SRF website at yogananda-srf.org, and on the SRF YouTube channel.
This coming February 14 – 17, we will host a visit from SRF monastics Bro. Devananda and Br. Lynn. Our schedule is as follows:
Thursday, Feb 14
– 7:30 p.m. monastic-led Thursday inspirational service followed by a tea social
Friday, Feb 15
– 7 – 8:30 p.m. Kriyaban Workshop: Feeling the Currents
– Note: this class is only open to SRF Kriyabans; please bring your Kriya card to be admitted
Saturday, Feb 16
– Bro. Devananda will lead kirtan meditation 9am – 12pm
– Prior to meditation Br. Lynn will lead group Energization Exercises at 8:40am
– Note: the start time is 1-hour earlier than our usual Saturday meditation schedule
Sunday, Feb 17
– monastics will lead the 10 a.m. meditation and 11 a.m. service
– After the services we will have a potluck and fellowship. Please bring a vegetarian dish to share.
We look forward to another joyous monastic visit and hope you can attend.
Today we will be viewing the second half of the DVD: Security in a World of Change by Sri Daya Mata.