Announcements for December 11, 2022
One of the highlights of the year-end holiday season for Self-Realization Fellowship members and friends around the world is the All-Day Christmas Meditation, a tradition inaugurated by Paramahansa Yogananda in 1931 and which he personally conducted for many years.The all day, 8 hour, Christmas meditation will be held next week, on Saturday, December 17th.
Here are a few points for getting the most out of the All-Day Christmas Meditation:
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to select a seat and get settled.
- Energization Exercises may be practiced individually prior to 10 a.m.
- There will be an intermission from 2 – 2:30 p.m. If you are only able to attend half of the meditation, we ask that you come to the first half.
- If you have a cough or a cold or are isolating due to Covid-19 exposure, please refrain from attending, and instead utilize the Online Meditation Center as an alternative venue for meditation.
- Please bring a fruit and a monetary offering in an envelope which can be placed in the baskets located on the bench immediately outside the chapel doors, prior to the meditation.
- Please dress in layers as the chapel may feel cooler due to open windows. Our ushers try their best to keep the temperature comfortable for all, but due to cooler weather and the need for ventilation, the temperature will vary. The right side of the chapel closer to the wall tends to be warmer as it’s closer to the heating radiators, and the left side will be cooler due to proximity to open windows.
We look forward to this special day for a deepened awareness of our oneness with God and Christ.
We will have a Christmas potluck at 12 p.m. following the Sunday Services on December 18th. All are invited to join for food and spiritual fellowship. You are welcome to bring a vegetarian dish to share with others.
The subject for today’s service is “The Nature of a Master”.
Printable PDF of December 11, 2022 Announcements