- Turn-off all electronic devices (cell phones, pagers, watch alarms).
- Arrive early enough so you can find a desired seat and also practice the Energization Exercises.
- If you have a cough or cold or a condition that creates restlessness or will disturb others, please meditate at home.
- If you know you will have to leave early, be sure to take a seat in the back of the chapel.
- Wear clothing that is made of soft fabrics that do not make noise. Nylon jackets and rain gear are usually noisy. Cotton, wool, polar fleece etc. are usually quiet fabrics.
- Be as still as possible during silent periods.
- Please, only use the restrooms, or take a drink of water, stand or do gentle stretches during the chanting periods.
- Practice the meditation techniques so that they are inaudible to others.
- If arriving late, please do not enter during the periods of silence or prayer, but wait until a chant begins.
- Before entering the chapel take a seat in foyer or in the social room and pause to calm the mind and body. Preferably, enter/exit at the beginning of the chant.
- Whenever possible, try to attend the entire meditation service.